Yoga is a practice of health and relaxation for the body and mind. Despite the images of yogis gracefully bending or balancing, yoga is attainable to everyone and every body. The physical practice, or asana, is one aspect, but breathing, meditation, supported poses, even attitude are all elements of yoga.
If you've been curious about how yoga might benefit you, here are some ways to start within the Blue Heron Wellness community, and a community can be just the boost you need:
1. Fundamentals series- Try this 5-week series to increase body awareness and receive proper alignment tools to empower the new student. This series provides a foundation of basic yoga principles, poses and alignment, including breath work and meditation. Five weeks are $85. Two new series are starting the week of October 25th!
2. New Guest One-Month Unlimited Class pass- Participate in a variety of classes, as many as you'd like in a month, for just $49 if you're new to Blue Heron Wellness and/or after taking the Fundamentals Series.
3. Variety of classes for both mind and body- Find your yoga! Blue Heron Wellness offers Gentle Yoga, Yoga I, Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yoga, Meditation classes among many others.
4. Workshops- Led by different teachers, workshops have unique focuses, like Yoga Nidra, outdoor yoga, Ayurveda and more.
5. Free use of props- While you're in class, utilize our yoga mats, blankets, bolsters and straps to help you achieve poses in a way that's right for you.
6. Know what to expect- Arrive to our welcoming center dressed comfortably. Line your mat up in a grid so you and your neighbors have some space to move. Teacher have different styles, some may begin by chanting "OM" or with a theme for the class, some may begin seated and work your way into a series of different poses. Each class will end with savasana. Don't let the Sanskrit term fool you- this laying down pose may come to be your favorite! You just release into your mat while the goodness of yoga is integrated into your body.
7. Keep coming! The more you do yoga, the more benefits you'll reap.