Blue Heron Wellness is now a local campus of Breathing Deeply School of Yoga Therapy. Breathing Deeply School of Yoga Therapy provides an online learning experience for Yoga Therapy while we, Blue Heron Wellness, in our yoga studios under the direction of Kathy Page, provide the opportunity to build the community environment with other students from Breathing Deeply. The program is designed to certify you to work with individuals using the yoga therapy model.
The main part of this course will be delivered in 52 online lectures (see course outline). You’ll have three different ways to complete the course work:
1) Take these classes at home. They will also be available for you online 24/7, allowing you to take them anytime or if you miss any of our sessions.
2) The Yoga Therapy Training group will meet at our studio to discuss and review lectures as a group, and work on applying the concepts. These groups will be facilitated by Blue Heron Wellness Teacher, Kathy Page.
3) Additional and informal meetings with other students in the training may be organized by the participants (may occur at Blue Heron Wellness, space availability permitting).
This unique online/in-studio hybrid will give you the support you need to complete the course and truly understand the material.
Weekly Q&As with Brandt
There is also a community Facebook forum for all trainees to ask questions that arise at anytime. You will also receive a weekly, live, online, group Q&A with Brandt to delve deeper into material and questions. These weekly times change according to the group’s needs.
There are 3 weekend retreats as part of the course certification. These retreats will be held just above New York City in Garrison, New York at the beautiful Garrison Institute and are offered 3 times per year.
Completion and Certification
You may begin and complete this course at any time. There are 4 requirements to certification.
1) Completion of all 52 online lectures and coursework
2) Attendance of 3 weekend retreats or equivalent
3) Completion of 2 papers outlining case studies
4) Oral and written exam
This course is open to all yoga teachers at a 200 hour level or equivalent from any tradition.
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.
About Brandt Passalaqua
Brandt Passalacqua is the creator of Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy. He has been enjoying Yoga and the healing arts since 2002 after overcoming obesity and a life-threatening autoimmune illness. His personal journey serves as an inspiration to countless others and informs his compassionate, humorous, and down-to-earth teaching style. His practice integrates a background of Yoga Therapy in the tradition of Krishnamacharya and Structural Yoga Therapy, Thai Yoga Massage, Medical Massage, a variety of meditation lineages, and plain-old common sense to help people realize their goals.